Baby Surprise Jacket
July 7, 14, 21 6 pm-8 pm
Elizabeth Zimmermann constructed this pattern in 1968. Since then, it has been knitted countless times. It is knitted back and forth in garter stitch, looking like a potato chip, then folded and completed by sewing up the shoulder seams.
Cost: $50. Includes the pattern.
Skill Level: Need to be a basic knitter, able to cast on, bind off, knit, and purl.
Techniques you will learn:
· long tail cast on
· paired increases
· paired decreases
· picking up stitches
· one-row buttonhole
· attached i-cord
· how to plan stripes
· Read the instructions for the Baby Sweater.
· Decide the size you want to make.
· Buy your yarn and needles. We recommend worsted weight yarn.
· Make sure you have safety pin type markers.
· Knit a swatch in garter stitch about 5” by 5”. The number of stitches per inch in your yarn on your needles will determine the size of your BSJ.
Class fees are due when you sign up to secure your spot in the class.
Fees are payable by check or cash.
Class fees are refundable up to 48 hours before the class, unless the class is cancelled by us. In that case, the fee will be refunded to you.
We request that all materials be purchased from Thistledown Shoppe. A 10% discount is given on the materials.
We suggest that you come into the shoppe, prior to the class, to purchase your materials.